Saturday 20 August 2011

Stargate

I started watching the first season of Stargate SG-1 last night (with subtitles, of course) and I loved it. I liked it so much that I kept watching the next episode and the next, until I finally fell asleep from sheer exhaustion.


It carries on where the movie Stargate left off, even retaining a few of its original cast. At first I was disappointed because not everyone from the original movie was in the series. I soon overcame that in the first two episodes.


The acting is brilliant and the costumes excellent. The plot is gripping and I couldn’t wait for the DVD player to go to the next episode automatically when the credits rolled – I had to stop it and go to the next episode as it was faster!


What Stargate is About
Colonel Jack O’Neill is pulled back from retirement when hostile aliens open the Stargate on Earth. He admits to General Hammond that he hadn’t destroyed the Stargate on the planet Abydos as ordered because Daniel Jackson is still alive and living with the people.


Jack arrives at Abydos to check up on the people as he believed that Ra was still alive after all, only to discover that Ra’s aliens hadn’t come through the Stargate from there. This meant that there were other Stargates in the galaxy leading to other worlds and Daniel shows him a map of the Stargates that exist throughout the galaxy, which he had found a month after he was left on the planet.


Exciting events unfold from there, and I refuse to tell you anything further so as not to spoil the story. You need to see Stargate SG-1 for yourself!


I would highly recommend Stargate SG-1 if you enjoyed the original movie, or if you’re into Sci-Fi.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you - your message will be posted after moderation.